Travel to India and Explore Your Inner Spirituality
If you have Bahrain visas and you are set for an Islam religious journey in India, you should consider visiting the most holy shrines and Mosques in India so as to have a grasp of history and also feel the religious power that these holy places possess.
Hazratbal Shrine at Srinagar
•It is also known as the home of Prophet Muhammad Hair.
•It is located on the western shores of Dal Lake and is the most important Islamic site in Kashmir
Religious significance of Hazratbal Shrine
The association of this shrine with the great prophet Muhammad makes it an important religious center.
-Its remains are viewed by Islamic believers once in every year, an occasion than attracts huge number of visitors from around the world regardless of religion or belief.
History of Hazratbal Shrine
– It was built in 1623 by Sadiq Khan at the bank of Dal Lake.
-It attracts people for its glorious heritage and its scenic beauty.
How to reach Hazratbal Shrine
– The most effective and quick way to visit the sacred shrine is by using Srinagar Airport.
-The best time to visit this religious place is between April and October when there is no heavy snowfall.
Jama Masjid at Delhi
•This is the largest Mosque in India and is located in old Delhi It has many domes of different sizes and shapes.
•It is one of the important religious Islamic sites in India.
Religious significance of Jama Masjid
– The emperor and his royal delegation used to visit the Mosque regularly to attend the congressional prayers.
– The Mosque was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in 1650 and took six years before completion. o The Mosque was designed by Ustad Khalil who was a great sculptor during that time
How to reach Jama Masjid
– There are numerous travel options since the mosque is located at Delhi. One can board a bus, hire a taxi or even uses Delhi Government tourist buses.
Best Time to Visit
– The most appropriate time to visit is during an Islamic festival when the Muslim community is fasting.
Ajmer Sharif at Ajmer, Rajasthan
•This is one of the holiest Islamic place in India. It is believed that no prayer in this Mosque go unanswered.
•People from different religious backgrounds visit this shrine to offer prayers.
Religious Importance of Ajmer Sharif
-This shrine is the oldest and largest Dargah in south Asia. This shrine is directly related to Prophet Muhammad.
History of Ajmer Sharif
– It houses the grave of Saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti who was born in Afghanistan. He later settled in Ajmer India where he attracted a high number of followers including Kings and people of high status. He strongly emphasized on Hindu-Muslim unity.
How to reach Ajmer Sharif
– Government transport is available from Rajasthan to Ajmer Central Bus station.
Best Time to Visit
-The shrine remains open from 5-9 AM on winters and 4-10PM on summer.
checkout more information about Places to visit in Ajmer
The following article is from one of our external contributors. It does not represent the opinion of website editor and has not been edited.